Thursday, August 28, 2014

SQUIRT Day

I know, I know. It sounds crazy, right? What is "SQUIRT" day anyway? SQUIRT stands for "Super Quiet, Uninterrupted Reading Time". It's done school wide at CES the last Friday of each month. It looks a little different in each grade level and in Kindergarten it is a day of literacy rich activities and structured review of concepts we have covered so far in the school year.

For our first SQUIRT day I wanted to introduce my newborn, Jasper and read a book about one of my favorite characters, David.

I encourage each family to make "bedtime stories" a part of your family routine. If you need books to read, please let us know. I collect books I find at low prices to give to families who need new books to read. It only takes a few minutes each night, but the benefits are huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment